Tuesday, October 11, 2011

You're so right Dorothy

Thats right....theres no place like home.   Landed at ORD at 4:30 Saturday after the world's longest flight. Leaving India was pretty sad, Roy's family was pretty upset and I realized the full impact of the complication of our relationship. We had lots of discussion about whats next- as far as us coming back, them coming here but its not cheap or easy so will take some work on both ends.

Getting home and seeing my kids was a big relief- missed them tons and in Kaila's words; she wants to see the baby, collect her gifts, and go to bed. (thanks a lot...)

I have a few stories I still want to share, so I'm going to write a few more entries and add some additional pics.  I have gotten some great feedback on the blog overall, so thanks for letting me share this experience with you and I plan to continue periodically as well as when we return to India or when the relatives travel here.  Should be equally good reading when they come here considering I spent a fair amount of time discussing American life norms- like going through the Kohls ad and explaining the purpose of all the various inventions (i.e. quesadilla maker, a omlet pan, shower curtain) and also why its not necessary for companies here to provide transportation to and from work for their employees (Most Indian outsourcing companies would provide bus transportation for employees because of the horrible traffic and the fact that many people don't have a drivers license or means of transportation there. My other theory is that Indians aren't known for their punctuality, so I think this assures arriving to work on time although I would never get Roy to agree this is the case)

If you haven't already, go ahead and sign up for email feeds so your alerted to new posts and as always, comments or questions are welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment