Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Somewhere between Chicago and Bangalore...

Ya, that's where my luggage is......day 3, same outfit.  Apparently Air France chose to oversell the flight and then couldn't determine whose luggage to put on the plane, so they didn't put mine or Roy's.  They said it probably didn't make the plane in Chicago, so if someone sees it and can kindly mail me some new underwear, I'd truly appreciate it.  Apparently it will be here Thursday- better be early morning (which is still 1 day away).  So sickening!

Outside of the luggage fiasco, Kaila left her water bottle on the plane in France, which stinks, but isn't the end of the world when we overheard a lady saying she left her iPad on there.

Flights were fairly uneventful, long, but good.  Kaila did well- only her 2nd time flying.  The route from Paris was best because there were open seats, so Kaila got to move to the window and watch all things French go by and Roy and I got to sit and sleep while Shivali slept in her own seat between us for most of the 9 hr flight.   Got in by midnight and after finding out about our missing luggage, we proceeded to pick up our rental car (my husband insisted- against my good judgement) in which we found the rental place we booked a reservation through did not exist.  Three strikes and we are out.  So we headed home and went to bed.
Well....Kaila, Shivali, and I did.  Roy had to be back at the airport for a 6am flight to pick up his parents in the North (their first flight), so he just headed back after a quick shower.

Kaila and I got up yesterday morning and decided to explore a little.  Roy's sisters were home but 1 had College and the other was not feeling well and had  a doctor's appt.  I was confident going on my own, knowing we would just walk 5 or 6 blocks to a main street where I knew a Domino's pizza existed (well worth the walk!)  The streets were pretty crowded and Kaila was a little shell-shocked, but we managed ok with some strange looks and  a few minutes of getting lost on the way back.   We got home and slept for 3 hrs, just in time to socialize and wait for Roy to arrive back with his mom and dad.

So all is well (besides the still missing luggage), everyone is back home and we plan to shop today and bum around.  I feel pretty good- not too tired or hot (nice cool breeze here). Apparently we get a 100 euro budget to buy new things with the disappearance of our luggage (each), so as soon as I find out how many dollars that is and convert it to Rupees, I am totally spending every last penny of it. Take that Air France!


No comments:

Post a Comment