Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Indian Diet Plan

Who says you can't go on vacation and lose weight???   We went out shopping yesterday- I found the most beautiful sari for his sister's wedding. We also picked up some Hindi Cartoons for baby and a couple of other gifts.   By the time we got back, I was not feeling well at all. I was super hot and my belly was hurting really bad.  I didn't eat and didn't feel like I could even hardly drink but I tried to make sure I stayed hydrated.   Went to bed early without eating and slept until late morning.  Baby did get up around 4 and was awake awhile but this is when her sister and his fiance come home, so they were more than happy to entertain her until we woke up around 9 or 9:30.

Figuring it was a traveler's sickness from different water or food, I thought it was best to get an antibiotic.  Of course I didn't bring any antibiotics along, but thats an easy fix.  Any of these roadside pharmacies would give you basically any meds you want, so of course I went for the good stuff- Azithromycin- the king of all antibiotics.   I'm feeling a bit better this morning after a shower and eating a few crackers and my favorite sugar free fruit punch kool aid from home. 

They want me to eat some vegetable curry- not sure what vegetable it is- looks like a cucumber but I am told it is not (and most of you know how much I like veges) so making spicy curry with that seems quite unappealing, especially at this point.  I'll try and avoid it, but we'll see.

Not sure if we will be doing anything today. I'm still feeling pretty tired and not super well, so we may just sit around today. Maybe when the sun goes down we will go out to the gold shop and look at some rings for his sister's wedding.  People here, no matter how poor would spend what they had on gold jewelry for weddings and other occasions.  They were 23K gold, which makes the stuff we normally wear look pretty cheap. His mom gave me a gold ring she had her whole life when I first arrived- apparently this is a tradition for the first daughter in law.  Its pretty nice, so I am honored to have it.  Baby also received a gold ring and chain and several pieces of solid silver- really cute and nice.

Thats it for today. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon and can post some more fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment