Friday, September 29, 2017

god Hopping

Today is the 2nd last day of the festival, so tradition is to basically go around visiting as many god statues as you can.   As expected, this was an exhausting experience of bumper to bumper traffic, heat and crowds.    As always I do my best to get along, but not going to lie today was really tiring.

In spite of being tired, I was able to locate some interesting sights to share with you from today's events.  Enjoy!

 Here in Southern India they celebrate today by worshiping their tools and vehicles. They decorate them like this:


This guy went all out:

Apparently you can also dress up your animals



Street vendor


Chicken delivery man??


Random cows in traffic




This guy was at one of the god stops and maybe won some kind of award I'm guessing- hard to confirm


Celebrity sighting: The voodoo guy from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. He wasn't giving autographs


I'm not sure what Homeland Security would say, but I may try getting these 2 into my carryon😍



My bored little girl!


The last statue we visited, quite beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment