Sunday, June 15, 2014

A new side of Bangalore...

After a long day out shopping and bumming around town, Roy tells me he wants us to go out with his good friend and his wife we have not yet met. I have to say, I wasn't thrilled about the idea but reluctantly agreed to go. 

He said I should dress up and we would be going to a bar. Now, I have seen the little roadside bars here that guys typically would stop at to just load up a little and go home and hoped this wasn't what he had in mind.

Roy's friend recently purchased a car which makes travel a heck of a lot easier and more comfortable for us. As we arrived near the location, the scenery changed a little. Instead of the typical roadside shops and broken streets, there were high end stores like Diesel and Louis Vuitton (yes you heard me right.... who would have guessed Bangalore had a LV store???) oh and there was also a Porshe and Lamborghini dealership (why haven't I been brought to this part of town before???)

We parked in the underground garage and as we walked through there was an unusually high concentration of Audis, Mercedes, and BMWs in the lot. The lower floors we entered through is a high end mall with elaborate marble floors and glass chandeliers. We entered the elevator for the 16th floor.

As soon as the doors opened, I knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore. As if straight out of a movie we walked out onto a red carpet with giant elaborately decorated double doors being managed by 2 giant guys in full black suits standing behind a velvet rope. Although there was a long line of people waiting to get in, the guys took one look at me and immediately opened the rope and ushered us in.

Walking inside you could have sworn you were in any big US city, in fact it was more elaborately decorated than almost anywhere I have been outside of Vegas.
The real surprise was outside on the roof top dance floor. It is open air with a multi-colored lighted dance floor which is literally packed with beautiful people. Between the giant muscle guys and the girls in skirts shorter than some underwear I own, I didn't know where to look first. Between the drunks and the all out dancers, I had a great time just watching. The music was mainly English and super loud, and the view of the city was outstanding. 

I was really happy I got to see this side of Bangalore and next time will definately bring my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment