Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Home is where the heart is....

As I am finishing up the last packing of our 8 suitcases in preparation for our 1:40am departure I always like to reflect on my time in India.

India and I have a love-hate relationship. Neither one of us like to adjust much, but expect the other to conform to our individual standards. In the end, we both end up bending in a little and somehow we end up getting along. 

It might be the auto rickshaw driver who tries to talk some broken English to me because it may be the one and only time he has transported a white person, or the returned smile that speaks no language but instantly connects strangers as both humans. It is these times when India feels way less foreign to me and maybe somewhere I could live part time someday- who knows.

I woke up at 2am last night and everything was quiet outside- not just India quiet, but truly silent with no dogs barking or bikes going by and there was the most glorious cool breeze coming in the window. Like an apologetic child, Bangalore was seemingly sorry for the torture it puts me through everytime I visit.

No hard feelings Bangalore, you know I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment