Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wedding prep- day 2

Well, the craziness has officially set in with the arrival of several aunts and uncles who will be staying with us.  The house is feeling a little crowded and I am still well aware that many more are arriving tomorrow. Today we are going to make the final payment on the wedding hall and check over the place. I hear it is nice, but I have learned that 'nice' has a different meaning depending on who you ask.

The food on the roof is working out pretty well, except he apparently only knows how to cook Indian food so there goes my dreams of a bacon cheeseburger and curly fries for lunch.  Today we had fish which I was excited about when Roy said it was boneless that his uncle got specially for me. (All of their fish has bones, which like everything else nobody seems to really mind eating them or spitting them out as they eat) To my disappointment, the fish was full of bones, so I did my best to eat some and off we went to the wedding hall.

I have to say I really wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was clean and has unique architecture. We met with the manager lady who gave all the details and showed us around. There is a separate room where the marriage will actually happen and then a big eating hall. The place is colorful but fairly elegant, so we are happy. My only issue was the non working water fountain right at the entrance, which suggested to Roy they should have fixed immediately. I believe they said they will, but this type of agreement in India isn't always met with the expected results.

We had to rush home after a quick stop at the local McDonalds for nuggets and mcflurries (Roy agreed this would be an acceptable dinner for us as the dreaded Gobi....aka cauliflower curry was on the menu for tonight-yuck) because the Mehndi guy was coming( some of you may know it as Henna) which is the traditional hand and feet tattoo like process that a bride and all young women would have done for the wedding.   Check out some pics:



 
 
Next up- Relative overload!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment